Top 100 Rock Songs Of All Time12 min read
Reading Time: 8 minutes
The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, these are just some of the names that come to mind when thinking of the greatest rock songs of all time. Rock music has been around since the 1950s, and over the years there have been countless rock songs that have been released. While there are many great rock songs that could make this list, we’ve narrowed it down to the top 100.
1. “Stairway to Heaven” by Led Zeppelin
This 1971 classic is often considered the greatest rock song of all time. With its memorable guitar riff and lyrics about a journey to heaven, it’s no wonder “Stairway to Heaven” is such a popular song.
2. “Hey Jude” by The Beatles
This Beatles song was released in 1968 and is one of the band’s most famous tracks. The song’s long length and emotional lyrics make it a fan favorite.
3. “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana
This grunge anthem was released in 1991 and became an instant hit. With its distorted guitars and lyrics about teenage angst, “Smells Like Teen Spirit” is one of the most iconic rock songs of all time.
4. “Yesterday” by The Beatles
This Beatles ballad was released in 1965 and is one of the band’s most popular songs. The song’s simple melody and lyrics make it a classic.
5. “Purple Haze” by Jimi Hendrix
This 1967 song is one of Hendrix’s most well-known tracks. With its psychedelic sound and lyrics about drugs and sex, “Purple Haze” is a true classic rock song.
6. “Light My Fire” by The Doors
This 1967 song was written by Doors frontman Jim Morrison and is one of the band’s most famous tracks. With its hypnotic guitar riff and lyrics about a love that burns, “Light My Fire” is a must-listen for any rock fan.
7. “ Hotel California ” by The Eagles
This 1976 song is one of the Eagles’ most popular tracks. With its catchy melody and lyrics about the dark side of Hollywood, “Hotel California” is a true classic rock song.
8. “Back in Black” by AC/DC
This 1980 song is AC/DC’s biggest hit. With its hard-rocking guitars and lyrics about death and revenge, “Back in Black” is a true classic rock song.
9. “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen
This 1975 song is Queen’s most famous track. With its operatic vocals and lyrics about a murder plot, “Bohemian Rhapsody” is one of the most unique rock songs ever written.
10. “Won’t Get Fooled Again” by The Who
This 1971 song is The Who’s most famous track. With its pounding drums and lyrics about not trusting anyone, “Won’t Get Fooled Again” is a true classic rock song.
What is the number 1 rock song of all time?
Table of Contents
- 1 What is the number 1 rock song of all time?
- 2 What is the greatest rock anthems of all time?
- 3 What is the best 50 song ever?
- 4 What are the top 40 rock songs right now?
- 5 What is the most requested song of all time?
- 6 What is considered the greatest song ever?
- 7 What is the coolest rock song?
What is the number one rock song of all time? This is a question that has been asked by many music fans over the years, and there is no easy answer. There are so many great rock songs out there that it’s hard to pick just one. However, if we looked at the songs that have been the most popular and influential over the years, there is one clear winner.
That song is "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana. Released in 1991, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" quickly rose to the top of the charts and became one of the most iconic rock songs of all time. Its hard-rocking sound and rebellious lyrics were a breath of fresh air in the world of pop music, and it helped to usher in the grunge movement.
Since its release, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" has been covered by countless artists and has been featured in dozens of movies and TV shows. It’s been cited as an influence by countless rock bands, and it’s safe to say that it will never be forgotten. So if you’re looking for the number one rock song of all time, look no further than "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana.
What is the greatest rock anthems of all time?
What is the greatest rock anthems of all time? This is a question that has been asked by music fans for decades. There are a lot of different opinions on this topic, and it is a very subjective topic. However, there are some songs that are generally considered to be the greatest rock anthems of all time.
Some of the most popular rock anthems include songs like “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen, “We Will Rock You” by Queen, “Stairway to Heaven” by Led Zeppelin, “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana, and “Enter Sandman” by Metallica.
“Bohemian Rhapsody” is one of the most popular rock anthems of all time. It is a six-minute long song that was released by Queen in 1975. The song was written by Freddie Mercury, and it is considered to be one of the greatest songs of all time.
“We Will Rock You” is another popular rock anthem that was released by Queen. It is a very simple song, and it is based on the stomping beat that is common in rock music.
“Stairway to Heaven” is another popular rock anthem. It was released by Led Zeppelin in 1971, and it is considered to be one of the greatest rock songs of all time. It is a long song, and it is often considered to be one of the greatest rock songs ever written.
“Smells Like Teen Spirit” is another popular rock anthem. It was released by Nirvana in 1991, and it became a hit all over the world. The song is based on the punk rock sound, and it helped to define the grunge genre.
“Enter Sandman” is another popular rock anthem. It was released by Metallica in 1991, and it quickly became a hit all over the world. The song is based on the thrash metal sound, and it helped to define the metal genre.
What is the best 50 song ever?
What is the best 50 song ever? This is a question that has been asked by many music fans over the years, and it is a difficult question to answer. There are so many great songs out there that it is hard to choose just 50. However, after much deliberation, here are our picks for the 50 best songs of all time.
1. “Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones
2. “Hey Jude” by The Beatles
3. “Let It Be” by The Beatles
4. “I Want to Hold Your Hand” by The Beatles
5. “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana
6. “One” by Metallica
7. “Born to Run” by Bruce Springsteen
8. “Stairway to Heaven” by Led Zeppelin
9. “Purple Haze” by Jimi Hendrix
10. “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen
11. “Hotel California” by The Eagles
12. “Welcome to the Jungle” by Guns N’ Roses
13. “All Along the Watchtower” by Jimi Hendrix
14. “American Pie” by Don McLean
15. “Yesterday” by The Beatles
16. “Imagine” by John Lennon
17. “Let It Rain” by Eric Clapton
18. “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones
19. “Sympathy for the Devil” by The Rolling Stones
20. “Whole Lotta Love” by Led Zeppelin
21. “Angie” by The Rolling Stones
22. “Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses
23. “Money” by Pink Floyd
24. “Time” by Pink Floyd
25. “No Woman No Cry” by Bob Marley
26. “Redemption Song” by Bob Marley
27. “Tears in Heaven” by Eric Clapton
28. “Free Fallin’” by Tom Petty
29. “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston
30. “Nights in White Satin” by The Moody Blues
31. “The Way It Is” by Bruce Hornsby
32. “The Weight” by The Band
33. “Whipping Post” by The Allman Brothers Band
34. “Strawberry Fields Forever” by The Beatles
35. “A Day in the Life” by The Beatles
36. “Let It Be Me” by Ray Charles
37. “Georgia on My Mind” by Ray Charles
38. “I Can’t Stop Loving You” by Ray Charles
39. “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’” by The Righteous Brothers
40. “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones
41. “All the Small Things” by Blink-182
42. “I Will Follow You Into the Dark” by Death Cab by Cutie
43. “Welcome to the Black Parade” by My Chemical Romance
44. “Schism” by Tool
45. “Karma Police
What are the top 40 rock songs right now?
What are the top 40 rock songs right now?
Rock music is one of the most popular genres in the world. It is characterized by its heavy sound and emotional lyrics. Rock music has been around for decades and there are countless rock songs that could be considered the "top" song. However, there are a few songs that are currently at the top of the charts.
Here are the top 40 rock songs right now:
1) "Rockstar" by Post Malone
2) "Havana" by Camila Cabello
3) "Bad at Love" by Halsey
4) "Dancing on My Own" by Calum Scott
5) "No Tears Left to Cry" by Ariana Grande
6) "I’m Alive" by Michael Bolton
7) "All I Wanna Do" by Sheryl Crow
8) "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston
9) "I’m Yours" by Jason Mraz
10) "In My Blood" by Shawn Mendes
11) "Shatterproof" by Nico & Vinz
12) "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness
13) "I Believe" by Cher
14) "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette
15) "Kiss from a Rose" by Seal
16) "Something Just Like This" by The Chainsmokers
17) "I Don’t Wanna Live Forever" by Zayn
18) "Unforgettable" by French Montana
19) "Teardrops on My Guitar" by Taylor Swift
20) "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran
21) "Home" by Michael Bublé
22) "I Believe in You" by Kylie Minogue
23) "How You Remind Me" by Nickelback
24) "What About Us" by Pink
25) "The Greatest" by Sia
26) "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves
27) "All of Me" by John Legend
28) "Can’t Stop the Feeling!" by Justin Timberlake
29) "No One" by Alicia Keys
30) "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab by Cutie
31) "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor
32) "The Middle" by Zedd
33) "I’m Not the Only One" by Sam Smith
34) "Counting Stars" by OneRepublic
35) "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus
36) "Don’t Stop Believin’" by Journey
37) "We Are the Champions" by Queen
38) "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye
39) "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves
40) "Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi
What is the most requested song of all time?
There is no definitive answer to the question of what is the most requested song of all time. However, there are a number of popular songs that are often cited as being the most requested.
One of the most requested songs ever is "The Way You Look Tonight" by Frank Sinatra. The song was written by Jerome Kern and Dorothy Fields and was first performed by Fred Astaire in the 1936 movie "Swing Time". Sinatra’s recording of the song was made in 1956 and was a huge hit, reaching number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Another popular song that is often cited as being the most requested is "My Way" by Frank Sinatra. This song was also written by Jerome Kern and Dorothy Fields, and was originally recorded by Paul Anka. Sinatra’s recording of the song was released in 1969 and became one of his biggest hits, reaching number two on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Other popular songs that are often cited as being the most requested include "The Impossible Dream" from the musical "The Man of La Mancha", "Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers, and "The Rose" by Bette Midler.
What is considered the greatest song ever?
There is no one answer to this question as it is subjective, but there are a few contenders that often come up when people discuss the greatest song ever.
One such song is John Lennon’s "Imagine." Released in 1971, the song has become an anthem for peace and love. It is often cited for its beautiful lyrics and simple melody.
Another popular choice is Queen’s "Bohemian Rhapsody." Released in 1975, the song is considered a classic rock ballad and is known for its complex and operatic structure.
Finally, there is The Beatles’ "Hey Jude." Released in 1968, the song is a classic example of early Beatles’ music and is often cited for its catchy melody and emotional lyrics.
What is the coolest rock song?
There are so many great rock songs out there that it’s hard to determine which one is the coolest. But after careful consideration, we’ve narrowed it down to five songs that we think are the coolest rock songs of all time.
The first song on our list is "Back in Black" by AC/DC. This song is considered to be one of the greatest rock songs of all time, and it’s easy to see why. With its hard-hitting guitar riffs and Angus Young’s signature screeching vocals, "Back in Black" is a surefire crowd pleaser.
Next on our list is "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana. This song is the epitome of grunge rock, and its catchy guitar riffs and angsty lyrics are sure to get you pumped up.
Third on our list is "Enter Sandman" by Metallica. This song is one of Metallica’s most famous and iconic tracks, and its heavy metal riffs and dark lyrics are sure to get your adrenaline pumping.
Fourth on our list is "Light My Fire" by The Doors. This song is a classic rock favorite, and its driving guitar riffs and infectious vocals are sure to get you moving.
Finally, fifth on our list is "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin. This song is often considered to be the greatest rock song of all time, and its haunting guitar riffs and ethereal lyrics are sure to leave you mesmerized.
considered greatestgreatest rockrock songrock songssongs time
- LED ZEPPELIN - STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN. Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page in concert. ...
- QUEEN - BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY. ...
- LYNYRD SKYNYRD - FREE BIRD. ...
- DEEP PURPLE - SMOKE ON THE WATER. ...
- PINK FLOYD - COMFORTABLY NUMB. ...
- LED ZEPPELIN - KASHMIR.
Here's the list's top 10: 1: Aretha Franklin — “Respect” 2: Public Enemy — “Fight The Power” 3: Sam Cooke — “A Change is Gonna Come”
- “ WHITE CHRISTMAS” by Bing Crosby. ...
- “ SHAPE OF YOU“ by Ed Sheeran. ...
- “ DESPACITO“ by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee. ...
- “ CANDLE IN THE WIND” by Elton John. ...
- “ IN THE SUMMERTIME” ...
- “ SILENT NIGHT” ...
- “ ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK” ...
- “ I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU”
- Surrender. GODSMACK. BMG.
- Bad Things. I PREVAIL. Fearless/Concord.
- More Than Machines. BUSH. BMG.
- Tippa My Tongue. RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS. Warner.
- One Of Those Days. OZZY OSBOURNE. Epic.
- Voices In My Head. FALLING IN REVERSE. Epitaph.
- Hey You. DISTURBED. Reprise/Warner.
- Natural Born Killer. HIGHLY SUSPECT. Roadrunner/FRKST.
- “Yesterday” by The Beatles. ...
- “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen. ...
- “(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones: ...
- “My Way” by Frank Sinatra. ...
- “Over the Rainbow” by Harold Arlen and Yip Harburg, sung by Judy Garland.
- Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. Stairway, denied. ...
- Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix. ...
- Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin. ...
- Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. ...
- Sympathy for the Devil by The Rolling Stones. ...
- Light My Fire by The Doors. ...
- Like A Rolling Stone by Bob Dylan. ...
- Hotel California by Eagles.
- 1 Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen. ...
- 2 Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin. ...
- 3 Imagine - John Lennon. ...
- 4 Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana. ...
- 5 One - Metallica. ...
- 6 Hotel California - Eagles. ...
- 7 Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd. ...
- 8 Hey Jude - The Beatles.
'You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' ' Is Number One.
|1.||You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'||Barry Mann, Phil Spector, Cynthia Weil|
|2.||Never My Love||Donald & Richard Addrisi|
The most recent Rock song to be at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 was “My Universe”, a collaboration between Coldplay and BTS. It was Coldplay's second US chart topper, after 2008's “Viva La Vida”.
The chart of today's current hit top pop songs 2022 on iTunes is several times daily and was last updated: Pacific Time. The current number one pop song on iTunes right now is Unholy by Sam Smith & Kim Petras.
The number one song on iTunes right now is wait in the truck by HARDY & Lainey Wilson. Related Charts: Apple Music Top Streaming Songs, iTunes Top 200 Songs, Top New Songs November 2022, Top 100 Albums, and Top 40 Music Videos.
Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" holds the Guinness World Record for the best-selling single of all time. According to Guinness, this iconic Christmas tune is the best-selling single of all time, with an estimated 50 million copies sold around the world.
1. Most recorded artist in music history - Asha Bhosle.
- #8: "Snow ((Hey Oh))" (2006) ...
- #7: "Master of Puppets" (1986) ...
- #6: "Scene Seven: I. ...
- #5: "Through the Fire and Flames" (2006) ...
- #4: "CAFO" (2009) ...
- #3: "Sultans of Swing" (1978) Dire Straits. ...
- #2: "Cliffs of Dover" (1990) Eric Johnson. ...
- #1: "Eruption" (1978) Van Halen.
- Space Oddity.
- Still Crazy After All These Years.
- Tangled Up In Blue.
- Thick As A Brick.
- Tiny Dancer.
- Walk Away Renee.
- We Are The Champions.
- A Whiter Shade Of Pale.
If proving to the audience that you have strong vocal skills is what you're after, then you'll want to consider these songs to sing a talent show: “Who Wants to Live Forever” “If I Ain't Got You” “Power of Love”
- A nation once again, Wolfe Tones. ...
- Vande Mataram by Various Artists. ...
- Dil Dil Pakistan by Vital Signs. ...
- Rakkamma Kaiya Thattu, llayaraaja. ...
- Pinchum Nadakkuthu, Poovum Nadakkuthu, Thirumalai Chandran's. ...
- Ana wa Laila, (Me and Laila) Kazem El Saher.
- 8 You've Lost The Lovin' Feelin'
- 7 Yesterday.
- 6 Unchained Melody.
- 5 Stand By Me.
- 4 Santa Clause Is Comin' To Town.
- 3 Every Breath You Take.
- 2 Oh Pretty Woman.
- 1 The Christmas Song.
Cher's career as a recording artist spans seven decades and she is the only artist to have a number-one single on a Billboard chart in each of the past six decades.
The longest song to ever make it into the top 10 was "Hey Jude" by The Beatles. It was released in 1968 and clocked in at 7 minutes and 11 seconds.
|1||Black Sabbath||Iron Man|
|2||Guns N' Roses||Welcome to the Jungle|
|3||Metallica||Master of Puppets|
|4||AC/DC||Back in Black|
With a total of 18 songs, Shinedown hold the record for the most number-ones songs.
IIn 1955, the rock era effectively launched with the No. 1 success of “(We're Gonna) Rock Around the Clock” by Bill Haley & His Comets.
#1 - The Beatles
The Beatles had a short run of only 10 years from 1960 to 1970, but they're still the best-selling artists of all time by far. If you were to add in their solo albums and side groups, they'll hold that record forever.
- Avenged Sevenfold – So Far Away. ...
- Megadeth – In My Darkest Hour. ...
- Slipknot – Snuff. ...
- Black Sabbath – Solitude. ...
- Metallica – The Unforgiven. ...
- Metallica – To Live Is To Die. ...
- Judas Priest – Here Come the Tears. ...
- Megadeth – À Tout le Monde (Set Me Free)
- Motörhead. A classic hitter, super intense for the time and they definitely set the standard for other bands and influenced many after them. ...
- Slayer. ...
- Pantera. ...
- Death. ...
- Cannibal Corpse. ...
- Lil Thrash. ...
- Gorguts. ...
The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and the Eagles sold the most albums, as measured by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
Perhaps unsurprisingly, British rock band The Beatles are top of the list for best-selling artists worldwide, with 183 million units certified sales. Second is Garth Brooks with over 157 million units sales, followed by Elvis Presley with 139 million units.
1. Elvis Presley. Is this too obvious? He is known as the King of Rock 'n' Roll, but setting aside many nicknames that were offered to this inexplicable force, Elvis was gonna do Elvis.
The Beatles have the most No. 1 hits of all time: 20. Though unclear for how long, the Beatles still reign supreme as the artist with the most No. 1 songs of all time.
When Shinedown's “Second Chance” became a Top 10 hit in 2009, an era ended. That song became the last Rock song to reach the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100. No, we don't mean people no longer love rock.
- Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana.
- Imagine - John Lennon.
- One - U2.
- Billie Jean - Michael Jackson.
- Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen.
- Hey Jude - The Beatles.
- Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan.
- I Can't Get No Satisfaction - Rolling Stones.
The Rolling Stones are the band to have had the most fans ever, worldwide. The closest contender, The Beatles, while tremendously popular, had very little longevity - they only had a less than ten year career. The Rolling Stones which began within a year or two of The Beatles are still active after 58 years!