Job listings for positions in churches and ministries of the Diocese of Atlanta may be submitted by here. When the position has been filled please notify firstname.lastname@example.org to have the listing removed.
The Cathedral of St. Philip is Seeking a Program Coordinator for Youth and Children’s Ministries
The Program Coordinator for Youth and Children’s Ministries will be responsible for supporting the
day-to-day program needs of the Cathedral youth and children’s ministries. For more information…
Download the Position Description
St. Julian's Episcopal Church in Atlanta is Seeking a Part-Time Organist/Pianist and Choir Director
St. Julian’s Episcopal Church, in the Diocese of Atlanta is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified individual for the position of Part-Time Organist or Pianist for our growing church situated at 5400 Stewart Mill Road, Douglasville GA 30135.
The responsibilities of this position include provisioning of our weekly Sunday 10:30 am service using our Rodgers Essex 645 two manual electric organ or the Baldwin Acrosonic piano for accompaniment.
Rehearsals are held on a weekday and a warm up on Sundays before worship. Availability is also required for Holy Week services (Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday); Christmas Eve and Christmas Day service, as well as Evensong and Advent Lessons and Carols.
Choral selections, both traditional and contemporary, are fundamental to our music ministry. The performance of prelude (sometimes accompanied) and postlude in accordance with the sanctity of the service should be observed.
The successful candidate will be charged with effectively communicating high standards of musicianship while continuing to revitalize and develop our dedicated choir.
St. Julian’s Church has a vision of church music as an integral component of the Church’s spiritual contribution to its congregation and to the broader community. This person will work with the Priest-In-Charge to drive this vision and will assist in expanding the Church’s musical repertoire.
Remuneration is negotiable. In addition, there will be appropriate fees for occasional services such as weddings and funerals.
Closing date for application is Friday, November 25, 2022, short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Further information please call, Rev’d Fr. Gregory H. Gibson, at Tel:770-949-9949 (Parish Office) or Email: email@example.com
All Saints' Episcopal Church in Atlanta is Seeking a Communications Director
All Saints’, Atlanta, is seeking a dynamic and joyful communications director who will serve as the church’s chief storyteller, overseeing all communications of the parish. They will manage the master communications plan, all social media, e-news, graphic design, and video content, and work with the rector to effectively promote the church’s life and mission to our membership and to the wider community.
We are looking for someone with the capacity to see the whole picture in a busy and large urban church, helping staff and church leaders articulate our mission and vision with vitality and generosity of spirit. Proven excellence as a written and visual communicator is essential, and a desire and openness to learn about our church’s distinctive life in the city of Atlanta a must. The ability to work within a staff team of 30 with appropriate care, respect and within a spirit of collaboration is essential.
The position is full-time, with generous healthcare and pension benefits offered alongside a competitive salary package. Applicants of all identities and backgrounds are warmly welcomed to apply.
Salary Range: $65k-$70k
To apply or for more information, email Simon Mainwaring.
St. Augustine of Canterbury, Morrow, GA is Seeking a Part-Time Organist
Please contact JoAnn Blackstock firstname.lastname@example.org@gmail.comfor details.
St. Mary and St. Martha of Bethany is Seeking a Director of Music/Organist
Organist and music director for a pastoral-sized church yet growing rapidly due to location. Part-time exempt position of approx. 10 hrs/week, paid $20,000- $22,000 annually depending on level of skills and experience. (includes 2 hours of weekly planning/administration and 5 hours of on-site personal practice time for personal musical development and weekly preparation of worship services outside of 3 hours of worship and choir practice weekly)
Willing to be creative with time-off/flex hours per month and/or seasonal participation. Responsibilities include planning, preparation, and execution for one Sunday service weekly; Includes growing and directing a small volunteer choir, including handbells. Looking for someone excited to have creative licensure and develop a blooming program.
Candidate should have familiarity with Hymnal 1982 of The Episcopal Church and knowledge of other authorized hymnals desirable (Lift Every Voice and Sing). Ability to work with singers of varying abilities. Sense of humor and team attitude are musts! Allen 44 Stop Renaissance Digital Organ (WT-25) 2002.
Send resume or contact to The Rev. Laura Masterson at email@example.com.
St. Columba's Episcopal Church is Seeking a Director of Youth Ministry
St Columba’s is looking for a Director of Youth Ministry to lead our vibrant youth program. This role supports the spiritual development of middle and high school youth, provides leadership of youth activities and Christian formation, and serves as a resource for the director and teachers of our children’s Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Program.
- Be present on Sunday for worship, Sunday school, and afternoon youth group.
- Plan and facilitate weekly Sunday school program (Sept-May) and weekly youth group activity/program for middle and high school youth.
- Communicate with parents and youth via weekly email and social media; and maintain youth social media publicity and youth calendar.
- Facilitate opportunities for youth to participate in Diocesan youth events and retreats as well as in local outreach ministries.
- Assist with planning of summer vacation bible school program and several youth-led parish events (Shrove Tuesday dinner, St Patrick’s fundraiser, and Christmas pageant).
- Cultivate relationships with the adult volunteer youth ministry advisors.
St. Teresa Episcopal Church in Acworth Seeks an Organist/Director of Music
St. Teresa Episcopal Church in Acworth, GA seeks an Organist/Director of Music responsible for providing music in the Episcopal/Anglican tradition (music ancient, classical, contemporary, and multicultural). This is a part time position: approximately 6-10 hours a week.
The responsibilities of the Director of Music include the following areas:
- Provide organ and other keyboard accompaniment for the parish choir, congregation, and clergy at weekly services and rehearsals. Responsible for selection and performance of preludes, postludes, choral music, hymns, and music incidental to the liturgy in consultation with the Rector. Keyboard accompaniment for the 10:00 a.m. primary Sunday Services, Holy Week Services (Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil); the Thanksgiving Eve Service; all Christmas Eve and Christmas Day services; Evensong liturgies; Advent Lessons and Carols, and other special services. Additionally, being available to work with individuals and families for funerals, memorial services, and weddings with additional compensation.
- Training and development of the parish choir, including recruiting, training and leading the choir for the Sunday liturgies and special services; preparing for and conducting the weekly rehearsals; nurturing and developing of choir members; working with the youth to incorporate their participation in the musical experience; working with the Rector to explore the development of new choir members and choral ensembles, and opportunities to increase the active musical participation by the congregation.
- Administrative: Participating with the Rector and other members of the staff; developing new programs, participation in Worship Committee meetings to develop seasonal liturgies; being a resource for musical events and programs; supervision and recruitment of guest musicians; maintaining the church’s music collection and ordering music; preparing and implementing the music budget; managing the maintenance of musical equipment.
- Other requirements: strong communication skills, ability to be flexible, considerable musical knowledge and love of sacred music, maintenance of a list of suitable substitutes, desire to grow our music program, collaboration with clergy and other musicians, maintenance of a list of suitable substitutes as needed.
- $25,000 salary and benefits package (negotiable depending upon experience). Knowledge of the Episcopal Church and its liturgy is preferred but not required.
How to apply: Send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Director of Music Search” in the subject line. Application period closes August 15, 2022.
The Episcopal Church of the Redeemer is Seeking a Part-Time Church Administrator
The Episcopal Church of the Redeemer
- Answer phone and e-mail communications.
- Oversee preparation and print all Saturday and Sunday worship bulletins, as well as those for weddings, funerals, Holy Days, and other special occasions.
- Prepare and mail all mass communications to the parish.
- Maintain records of parishioners, including membership changes and updating directory.
- Oversee the upkeep and maintenance of the office equipment.
- Responsible for ordering supplies for office, (may assist in ordering supplies for Activity Center and worship, if needed).
- Maintain the calendar for use of the church facilities.
- Financial responsibility: includes inputting incoming monies into financial program, giving statements, tracking pledges, expenditure payments.
- Provide general administrative support for parish priest, vestry and staff.
- 19 hours/week.
- High degree of interpersonal skills, with a warm sense of hospitality.
- Organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Quickbooks. Knowledge of PowerChurch is an asset.
- Episcopal background is not a must, but it is an asset.
Send inquiries and resumes to email@example.com. For more information, call 706-453-7171, and ask for Rev. Bill Combs.
St. Paul's Episcopal Church is Seeking a Children and Youth Ministry Director
Mission of Children and Youth: Grounded in God’s Word, we foster a loving environment through worship, instruction, and friendship, which prepares our children and families to be faithful followers of Christ.
Position Title: Children and Youth (CAYM) Director – Full Time 40 hours a week, including Sundays. Salary TBD.
Qualifications: The CAYM Director plays a major role in the faith development of children, and youth in the life of Epiphany and beyond, both as a leader and as an example. Epiphany seeks a person who has a solid relationship with Jesus Christ through faithful study, prayer and worship and is able to transfer their passion to the nurture of children and youth in the Christian faith. This person should be familiar with or willing to learn the Episcopal Church doctrine/discipline as well as current Christian education trends and practices for the Church in the twenty-first century. We seek a creative, enthusiastic, organized, strong administrator who is self-motivated, and who appreciates the collaborative spirit of serving with a dedicated ministry team. The CAYM is adventurous and adept at planning, preparing and executing in a timely fashion as well as accepting direction and suggestions from the ministry team. The CAYM should have a gift for building relationships with young and old alike, and generating new ideas and programs to enhance and grow the ministry offerings.
Skills and Abilities:
- a true calling and a passion for working with children, youth, and ministry team members
- friendly, enthusiastic, and creative team approach while working with children and youth
- experience in teaching the Christian faith to children, youth and families
- adept at administration skills and an understanding of child development
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- spiritual maturity including a commitment to practicing the faith
- a working understanding of email, Microsoft Word, Facebook, and other relevant technologies used by the St. Paul’s staff
- Sunday School
- Assist ministry team in researching and understanding current, creative Sunday School curriculum and Christian Education activities for children and youth formation
- Invite, encourage and coordinate Sunday School classroom helpers and teachers
- Partner with CAYM team in training Sunday School teachers and leaders; setting goals and building relationships
- Coordinate with Parish Administrator in printing lesson plans and procuring necessary materials. Maintain Sunday School supply inventory
- Serve as a liaison between CAYM and other ministry teams Coordinate publications (i.e., banners, Facebook, website)
- Update announcements in the weekly email newsletter and the Sunday Paper Assist with monthly bulletin board planning and design
- Coordinate and create as necessary the weekly family devotional Schedule ministry team meetings, help form agenda
- Vacation Bible School (VBS)
- Envision an effective VBS that meets the needs of our neighborhood Procure a VBS curriculum inviting to all
- Encourage enrollment of students and recruit helpers Coordinate VBS schedule, its leaders and helpers Assist in training of adult and youth volunteers
- Schedule and Promote VBS throughout the parish, the neighborhood and beyond Arrange rooms and space with Operations Manager and order supplies
- Family Events
- Implement neighborhood events such as Pumpkin Carving; Bounce House Ministry; Trunk or Treat; Holiday gift drive, connect and unite families and bring them to the faith.
- Arrange annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Schedule Summer Children’s Chapel and lead when necessary
- Christmas Pageant: support ministry team in designing Christmas pageant, securing scripts, costumes, decorations, and accessories; coordinate pageant rehearsals; maintain yearly rotation of cast roles; be available to implement rehearsals, training and recruiting of various Pageant roles and responsibilities
- Youth (EYC)
- Coordinate Confirmation class with clergy, EYC team and parents
- Ability to work with maturity and responsibility guiding and supporting you and parents Schedule Youth Group meetings and communicate to congregation, youth and parents
- Assist in arranging EYC recreational activities as well as faith forming missions and pilgrimages Provide necessary supplies, activities and curriculum for youth group meetings and events Encourage youth to participate in leadership roles in worship and help with their training
- Other Events and Duties as determined
Responsible to Rector for support, evaluation, accountability and performance; CAYM for fulfilling responsibilities defined in job description, defining goals, and communication.
This person must pass a background check and complete the Safe Guarding God’s Children and Safeguarding God’s People trainings in compliance with policies of the Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta.
Contact: The Rev. Hazel Smith Glover, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Episcopal Church of the Holy Cross is Seeking a Secretary
The Episcopal Church of the Holy Cross, in Decatur, GA, is a vibrant Church growing and changing as it adapts to a new normal during this pandemic. The successful candidate will perform general administrative and clerical dutiies which include, but are not limited to preparing, reviewing, disseminating and/or filing routine correspondence, documents and reports; providing assistance with various requests; answering the telephone; and greeting vendors/visitors. These duties are performed in support of and in collaboration with the Rector, Wardens and Treasurer. The successful candidate will report directly to the Rector, work under minimal supervision, and can set own work sequence and pace within process/Church limitations.
Interested parties should submit their resume to: office@holy_cross.org by March 21, 2022.
St. David's Episcopal Church is Seeking a Bookkeeping Assistant
St. David’s is a thriving parish of over 1800 members in the North Atlanta suburb of Roswell. The Parish seeks a part-time bookkeeping assistant with primary responsibility for accounts payable and payroll administration.
See the full job description and apply here.